.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

CommaKazi Speek

A blog (weblog) containing harsh realities, bitter truths and other reasons to smile

Thursday, June 23, 2005

On Second Thought

My initial blog entry for today was going to be a summary of my planning for the upcoming IABC International Conference. Exciting coverage of the clothes I'm planning to wear and the fact that I'm bringing my digital camera (to supplement my written conference coverage and to be ready in case I spot President Bush or Ben Bradlee).

Gratefully, I reread the draft post from the perspective of someone who is not me, and realized that I had fallen into a common trap. Some of the worst columns, advertising and lectures come from the minds of people who write for themselves, rather than for their audience.

It was a good reminder as I prepare to blog at the conference. My intention is to provide content that will be interesting and useful to a general audience. Stay tuned and let me know when I stay on track, or get lost and step in something repugnant to us all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home